Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesdays Too Clean Tip--5 at 5


After a fun day of playing, it is time to clean up to start the evening routine.  

5 at 5 is a something I use before my husband gets home.

At five o'clock I set a timer for 5 minutes.  During that time my 4 year old cleans up her toys and puts them away and I do a quick 5 minutes clean-up routine (wipe counters, store shoes where they belong, put coats in the coat closet, etc.).   That way when DH comes home the house is *mostly* in order.

Side note--as my children get older items left out after 5 minutes will go into a box in the closet for 2 days (this will include, of course, MY items I leave laying around!).

To make this even more fun, call it a "pick up party" and sing songs.

Clean up, clean up everybody everywhere, clean up clean up everybody do your share.
Pick up Pick up put the toys away.  Pick up pick up we are done for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey...I never knew there was a second verse to the clean-up song. Why am I excited? haha! Maybe because I sing that song EVERY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your house? I LOVE the big windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly,

    I totally feel like I"m gonna ruin your Groundhog's Day but I must tell you the truth. The clean up song doesn't have a second verse, to my knowledge. Pick up is a song on its own. Drats.

    That is a picture taken from the loft of my husband's grandma's cabin. Her vacation cabin. We LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)