- 1 pound cooked, shredded or chopped chicken (opt)
- 2- 8 oz containers of chive and onion cream cheese (can use plain)
- basil to taste
- minced garlic to taste
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese--shredded and divided
- 1 package manicotti slightly undercooked
- Small jar of pasta sauce
- Combine cooked chicken (if using), cream cheese and spinach.
- Season with garlic and basil to taste. (I love garlic and use at least 2 cloves and about 1 t of dried basil).
- Add 1 c. of mozzarella cheese
- Cut cooked manicotti down the side and fill with 1/3 c. of cream mixture.
- Place seam side down in 9x13 pan (if you are a small family, make this into 2 dinners by using 2 8x8 or 9x9 pans).
- Cover with pasta sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with saran wrap and then foil. Label.
Take the manicotti out of the freezer at least 24 hours in advance and thaw completely. Uncover and bake at 350' for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Like all pasta this goes well with a salad and French bread.