The date you are about to read is cold, messy, daring, and sexy. If you aren't game for cold or messy, check out some older date night in ideas here. If you aren't game for daring and sexy, re-think it--your husband will love it!
What you'll need:
- A half-gallon of ice cream (get a kind that is in a block not a tub).
- A tarp or plastic paint cover
- table and chairs (card table or plastic tables are great because you can hose them down)
- tools like butter knives, spoons, scoops, etc.
- Food coloring if you are feeling VERY adventurous.
- Mood lighting (either a dimmer, a lamp with a scarf draped over the shade, some candles ... you won't want any harsh shadows for this date!).
- Some time alone.
- A robe
- A dash of gumption (well, in my case a cup of gumption--you might just need a dash).
- Carve out some alone time. Want to know why? Read here.
- Find a private place in your home and lay down a tarp, plastic paint cover, etc.
- Set up a table and chairs OVER the tarp.
- Get into the robe. And that's it.
- Invite your darling hubs into the secluded date spot
and lock the doors.
- Explain to him that you want to see his artistic side.
- Hand him the block of ice cream and tools and explain that he is going to sculpt something--YOU.
- Disrobe and get into a comfy position (luckily the ice cream means he'll have to sculpt quickly so you won't have to
be naked longhold your position for too long).
- Reverse roles if desired and see who can make the best sculpture.
- Eat what's left of the ice cream (as needed).