This past week Amy from Chapters of Me gave my blog an award. Thanks, Amy. For those who don't know Amy is a loyal WITMIM? fan who has an honest, inspirational, and informational blog that I can't get enough of. And FYI--don't mess with her 'cuz she's a hot mom who's doing P90X (code for "she can outrun us and beat us up and look like a rock star doing it!).
- I have an unhealthy obsession with in-grown hairs. I'm not sure when this started or why. My dad has a re-occurring in-grown hair that I dream of taking my tweezers to. Sadly I'm not joking.
- Everyone in my little family has a "presidential" name. Reagan, Delano, Madisen, and Carter. We planned it this way. It's kinda like those families who name all their kids with the same letter (like my parents) but without the confusion.
- I don't like ham or corn. I will compulsively eat cereal any time of day.
- I came home from my first day of kindergarten and told my parents I wanted to be a teacher like Miss Mueller. Before having kids I was a middle school teacher. Now I'm getting my doctorate in curriculum and instruction. I won't make you call me "Doctor." On second thought...
- We stayed at a "fancy" hotel in London that was so small I could touch opposing walls by spreading out my arms. And to make it better, I could literally sit on the potty to tinkle, shower, and brush my teeth in the sink all at the same time. I was 6 months pregnant and I cried. Now I can laugh at it.
- My friend Jina and I listened to "Insensitive" by Jan Arden 67 times during the summer of '96. I can't remember WHY we did that now but it felt like a huge accomplishment then.
- I owned 100 pairs of shoes when I graduated from high school.
- My husband taught me to wake-board by bribing me with jewelry (though I bought shoes instead. See #7).
- Since I've known my husband I've had different tones of 3 hair colors (platinum blond to brown-black). I can't actually remember what my natural hair color is.
- For my 21st birthday Matt organized a HUGE cake food fight. It was the best time ever.
Okay, so blogs I love that I'd give an award to:
Jilly Moos: Two gals who have a fashion for passion--on a budget. Love it!
Ain't She Crazy: Courage, conviction, inspiration, and honesty. Your one "spur me on in my faith" stop!
Just Organize Yourself: Advice from a gal who makes me look like a hoarding mess. Go to her for your organization fix.
Mommy's Camera: I so want to be a better photographer (but with a point and click camera). Jamie's got the skills to show me how. She can help you too!
The Munchkin and Little Miss: A newbie to blog land this gal is not afraid to make herself vulnerable on her quest to become a better mom, wife, and woman. She's keepin' it real!
Threads of Beauty: Another blog newbie who's tackling real issues for Christian women.
Frontier Kitchen: I know, I know. I talk about this blog all the time. But I do it for a reason. Great food. No casseroles. That's perfection in a cooking blog if you ask me.
Things I Can't Say: I might not say it but Shell will. And she'll make you laugh while she does it. Don't get her started on "motherbitches" though (her word not mine!)
The Improbable Housewife: Writing challenges, chick chat, giveaways, gift ideas ... she's got it all.
Naptime Notes: Meandering thoughts on life, Christ, and motherhood. Fresh and refreshing.
Thanks again, Amy, for my blog award!