Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blog Award--Honest Scrap


This past week Amy from Chapters of Me gave my blog an award.  Thanks, Amy.  For those who don't know Amy is a loyal WITMIM? fan who has an honest, inspirational, and informational blog that I can't get enough of.  And FYI--don't mess with her 'cuz she's a hot mom who's doing P90X (code for "she can outrun us and beat us up and look like a rock star doing it!).

As a recipient of this award I'm supposed to tell you 10 thing about me and then share 10 blogs I'd give this award to.  Here is goes.

  1. I have an unhealthy obsession with in-grown hairs.  I'm not sure when this started or why.  My dad has a re-occurring in-grown hair that I dream of taking my tweezers to.  Sadly I'm not joking.
  2. Everyone in my little family has a "presidential" name.  Reagan, Delano, Madisen, and Carter.  We planned it this way.  It's kinda like those families who name all their kids with the same letter (like my parents) but without the confusion.
  3. I don't like ham or corn.  I will compulsively eat cereal any time of day.
  4. I came home from my first day of kindergarten and told my parents I wanted to be a teacher like Miss Mueller.  Before having kids I was a middle school teacher.  Now I'm getting my doctorate in curriculum and instruction.  I won't make you call me "Doctor."  On second thought...
  5. We stayed at a "fancy" hotel in London that was so small I could touch opposing walls by spreading out my arms.  And to make it better, I could literally sit on the potty to tinkle, shower, and brush my teeth in the sink all at the same time.  I was 6 months pregnant and I cried.  Now I can laugh at it.  
  6. My friend Jina and I listened to "Insensitive" by Jan Arden 67 times during the summer of '96.  I can't remember WHY we did that now but it felt like a huge accomplishment then.
  7. I owned 100 pairs of shoes when I graduated from high school. 
  8. My husband taught me to wake-board by bribing me with jewelry (though I bought shoes instead. See #7).
  9. Since I've known my husband I've had different tones of 3 hair colors (platinum blond to brown-black).  I can't actually remember what my natural hair color is.
  10. For my 21st birthday Matt organized a HUGE cake food fight.  It was the best time ever.

Okay, so blogs I love that I'd give an award to:

Jilly Moos:  Two gals who have a fashion for passion--on a budget.  Love it!

Ain't She Crazy: Courage, conviction, inspiration, and honesty.  Your one "spur me on in my faith" stop!

Just Organize Yourself: Advice from a gal who makes me look like a hoarding mess. Go to her for your organization fix.

Mommy's Camera: I so want to be a better photographer (but with a point and click camera).  Jamie's got the skills to show me how. She can help you too!

The Munchkin and Little Miss: A newbie to blog land this gal is not afraid to make herself vulnerable on her quest to become a better mom, wife, and woman.  She's keepin' it real!

Threads of Beauty:  Another blog newbie who's tackling real issues for Christian women.

Frontier Kitchen: I know, I know.  I talk about this blog all the time.  But I do it for a reason.  Great food.  No casseroles.  That's perfection in a cooking blog if you ask me.

Things I Can't Say: I might not say it but Shell will.  And she'll make you laugh while she does it.  Don't get her started on "motherbitches" though (her word not mine!)

The Improbable Housewife:  Writing challenges, chick chat, giveaways, gift ideas ... she's got it all.

Naptime Notes:  Meandering thoughts on life, Christ, and motherhood.  Fresh and refreshing.  

Thanks again, Amy, for my blog award!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, we might go with the President's names too. Our first son is Lincoln. If we have a girl, we might go with Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Reagan! I'm honored...really! Because I love your blog! :) What a fun thing ---I laughed out loud because the comment you left on my blog. I thought it said the "honest crap award" haha!

    I enjoyed looking at the blogs you like too! So...do I get to do this on my blog now?

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)