What I've learned, though, is that not everyone loves things quite as organized as I do. Now I lucked out and my DH is mostly Type A and really likes stuff to be cleaned and organized. But he's not quite as anal about it as I am. So, despite my love to keep things organized, sometimes my most organized places start looking like this:
Okay, I can't blame this mess totally on Matt but he did inspire most of it!
Two Saturdays ago I decided to tackle my master bath closet.
Here's what I did:
- Pulled everything out and put it into coordinating piles (jewelry, meds, lotions, etc).
- Wiped down shelves and swept/mopped floor.
- Went through bins and got rid of stuff. If I don't need it, I toss it.
- Minimize packaging from items bought in bulk.
- Re-label bins.
- Re-organize in the closet. Some items found new homes (like Matt would prefer if I kept my feminine products under my sink).
This is a photo of my whittled down pile of first aid supplies, cold medicine, and prescription meds.
Here's the final product.
The space in the center is just waiting for me to roll towels and put them there!