Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday's Too Clean Tip--Organize your Bathroom

Okay, okay.  I'm an organization nut.  What can I say?

What I've learned, though, is that not everyone loves things quite as organized as I do.  Now I lucked out and my DH is mostly Type A and really likes stuff to be cleaned and organized.  But he's not quite as anal about it as I am.  So, despite my love to keep things organized, sometimes my most organized places start looking like this:

Okay, I can't blame this mess totally on Matt but he did inspire most of it!

Two Saturdays ago I decided to tackle my master bath closet.

Here's what I did:

  1. Pulled everything out and put it into coordinating piles (jewelry, meds, lotions, etc).
  2. Wiped down shelves and swept/mopped floor.
  3. Went through bins and got rid of stuff.  If I don't need it, I toss it.
  4. Minimize packaging from items bought in bulk.
  5. Re-label bins.
  6. Re-organize in the closet.  Some items found new homes (like Matt would prefer if I kept my feminine products under my sink).
This is a photo of my whittled down pile of first aid supplies, cold medicine, and prescription meds.


Here's the final product.

The space in the center is just waiting for me to roll towels and put them there!

5 comments:

  1. I so need to do this! I've been ignoring my hall linen closet for a few months. It's right by Eli's bedroom so I never want to mess with it while he is sleeping...but I never want to haul it all out when he is awake either. So...it just keeps getting worst.

    Maybe today! After Nichole's pictures & now this, I might just have enough inspiration to tackle it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love these posts...I'm tackling my daughters closet today! I need to go through and pack away clothes that no longer fit her. It's sad...I have a pile of clothes (that DO fit her) that need to be put away, but there's no room in her closet because I keep putting this off!

    I'm tackling it today. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I think the "before" photo is just fine?

    Also, these posts always make me want to rush out to Walmart and buy a bunch of plastic containers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work...I am hoping to organize my bathroom this week! Thanks for the inspiration! = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shelly--Before and Afters??

    @Amy--We so share a brain! I TOTALLY did that yesterday!

    @Sarah--Can I go on a plastic container binge with you?

    @Caroline--Thanks. I hope to inspire people to be as nuts-o as I am :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)