Saturday, February 20, 2010

ABC Date Challenge

Man, I love my husband.  Look how pulled together he looks and how dorky I look! Muse lyrics are running through my head:

I thought I was a fool for no one, ohhh baby I'm a fool for you ...



P.S. This photo was from my 10 year reunion.  My friend Jina planned the event and found these glasses. They were a big hit, obviously.

Anyway, Matt and I did this date as a part of our Valentine's Celebration.

Here's what you do:

  1. Write each letter of the alphabet on a separate post-it note.
  2. Each couple draws 13 letters.
  3. For each letter, come up with a silly or romantic date event you can do RIGHT NOW.
  4. There are bonus points for doubling or tripling the letters--Scattergories style
  5. Put the letters in a hat and draw them out one at a time, doing what the slips of paper say.
  6. No one wins, no one loses.  What am I saying, it's so much fun you'll both win!
Some of our letters:
C--cuddle on the couch
D--double dog dare you to ______________
E--eat dessert
H--hold hands
K--karaoke
P--play poker
Q--Quietly whispers a compliment 

7 comments:

  1. It's great you celebrate Valentines Day - don't stop!

    Love the glasses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica--We are that uber mushy couple who says "Valentinte's Day is everyday." Really. Ask my sister :)

    The glasses were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, just totally thought of--double dog dare you to dress in drag. I win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea...I think we will partake in this fun some night this week.

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and Matt have fun, Shelly! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So...just got around to doing this last night. Surprised Matt with it and we had a blast. Some funny highlights were apple-bobbing, butt-dancing (remember that from the early 90's), acting like Xerox machines (seriously, what else starts with x?), and lots of other sweet ones that I will keep to myself. :) Thanks for the idea. It was a fun stay-at-home date night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming back to share, Shelly. I'm glad you and Matt had a good time. And thanks for keep some of the sweet ones secret :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)