Tuesday, March 29, 2011

If You Haven't Already Heard ...

about One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp then watch this video.  It might be the best six minutes of your day.



Now, let me implore you to not wait another day to order this book.  Click here to go to Amazon to buy a copy!

I've read the first chapter of this book.  That's it.  But I've read it three times and that should say something.  Like it is awesome.  Like I'm connecting to what it says.  Like I have some work to do.

Voskamp is challenging us to live fully right where we are--in the midst of stress and pain and uncertainty--to find beauty and grace and 1000 gifts in the way God delights in us no.matter.what.

I will caution you that Voskamp is incredibly poetic and uses analogies and metaphors that are lengthy and wordy and sometimes, down right confusing.  But reading and re-reading them to discover why she chose that word in this spot is exactly the kind of thing we SHOULD be doing with our Bibles (but it is sometimes easier in other works).  So practice with Voskamp and then turn your attention to Colossians with the same vigor!


If I didn't entice you to buy the book, then at least visit Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bite. I ordered the book. Maybe we can discuss as we read it.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)