- Lemon juice dissolves soap scum and hard water deposits.
- Lemon juice cleans and shines brass, silver, and copper.
- Lemons can scrub dishes and hard surfaces.
- Lemon juice can eliminate the garlic or onion smell.
- Lemon juice mixed with baking soda creates a wonderful paste to clean tile grout.
- Lemon juice cleans and sanitizes your dishwasher (run 1/4 c. lemon juice through an empty dishwasher).
- 1/4 c. of lemon juice in the washing cycle will brighten loads that can't be bleached.
- When lemon juice is mixed with olive oil it can even polish wood furniture and cupboards (1/4c. lemon juice to 1/2 c. olive oil).
- When you are done cleaning with a lemon, you can chuck it into the garbage disposal and release a heavenly citrus smell in your kitchen.
I've posted this before but here is how to get the most juice out of your lemon (and other citrus fruits!):
- Put the fruit on the counter and put your hand over it.
- Roll the fruit around pressing with your hand.
- Now pop the fruit in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Cut and juice! (If you want to squeeze the juice into a bowl, don't cut it in half. Just cut a small slit and squeeze).
I love all things citrus! Thanks for the great tips. Don’t tell my husband but my favorite thing to do is put a lemon from my ice water into the garbage disposal. It's probably not that great for my disposal but I love the smell in my kitchen.
ReplyDeleteNichole--Me too! And if your DH ever finds out about the lemon slice in the drain, let him know I've been known to put a whole lemon or clementine down mine :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tip!
ReplyDeleteI use tea tree oil and I never think to use lemon juice. Not only is it cheap, it smells YUMMY.