Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What I Saw in Vegas {Military Infusion}

If you want to know why I'm referring to Vegas, click here.

Since I'm a gal who tends to love neutrals, I'm a shoe in for drab olive greens and khakis.  I've even been known to wear camouflage in a non-goose killing kind of way.

So hip, hip hooray for continued military infused fashion!

Bags, pants, dresses ... you name it I saw it "militarized!"

Here are some of the best ways I saw military dress rocked in Vegas!

CARGO PANTS
When you think cargo pants if you think "frumpy" think again!  This season cargo pants are S.K.I.N.N.Y!  

Whether in camo, khaki, brown, or white, pair them with a feminine top and bold accessories.  Oh ya, and you can wear them with ballet flats, wedges, or sandals.


GIRLY MILITARY GEAR
It might seem counterintuitive but the HOT way to wear military now is to make it feminine and girly.  Pair cargo skinnies with a sequin top.  Wear a military jacket with a floral dress.  However you wear it, make the military v. girl glam contrast stark! 


FITTED MILITARY DRESS
Military dresses are gonna be hot this spring/summer.  They'll come in sleeved and tank style and in a gamut of military infused colors.  Wear them with heels, sandals, or wedges.  Pair with feminine scarf, colored belt, and a great bag!


MILITARY JACKET
Coats this season will have buckles and pockets galore.  Try to find a fitted trench coat or a slimming blazer.  Pair it with skinny jeans, a flowy tank top, great shoes, and a bold bracelet for a classic "I didn't even try this morning" look.
 

MILITARY ACCESSORIES
The sky is the limit when it comes to military inspired accessories (kind of ironic if you think of it).  If you don't want "big" military items then consider a fun bag or hat to add a bit of flair to your spring/summer wear!



Military style--Like it? Love it? Hate it?

4 comments:

  1. I love earth tone colors. So, I love the military look. I have a olive green military inspired dress. My boys have many camo items and if something came along for my girl I would get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I just bought a pair of green cargo skinny jeans! (well.. jeggings.. not jeans) Love them!! I'm looking for a dress like the one you pictured here, big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most certainly going to be on the girly military side. I doubt you'll ever catch me in camo.

    But then I said that about skinny jeans 5 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of cargo skinnies and and a sequin top together!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)