I've had this Gap long-sleeved T so long the seams from the armpits to the wrists have holes in them. But I just can't throw it away. Ergo, new look.
To do my re-fab, I combined directions from these two projects--Long-sleeve revamp and Ruffle tank.
I didn't take step-by-step photos since this was my first time and Ruffles and Stuff does a much better job than I could do.
Introducing my fave long-sleeved T. *sniffle*
I really wanted short sleeves but since there were so many holes I decided to cut off the sleeves all the way off. FYI--I did get a bit emotional. A good T is like an old friend and you don't cut the arms off your old friends.
These are the pieces I used for the ruffles. I didn't measure. I hate measuring. That explains why they are crooked. Oh well.
The final product. I decided to wing it and make my own sleeves. They aren't awesome but since the ruffles took fifteen minutes and the sleeves took an hour I decided to leave them on until I get fed up with their lameness and cut them off. I think I'll do it tomorrow.
My cute little ruffles. Near as I can tell not having straight pieces seems to matter little.
To think I could have paid $50 for a ruffled shirt when all it really took was about an hour of my time to make one out of something I should have thrown away a while ago!
Here's a dreamy way to wear a ruffle top (with items found at Target)!
Very cute, great job!
ReplyDelete