Friday, September 17, 2010

Frugal Fashion Friday--Toddler Shirt Re-Do

A friend turned me onto the blog Ruffles and Stuff.  Sadly the author is no longer posting but you can still get sewing advice and tutorials off of it.

M.E. had this pink shirt that is a 4T and fit across the chest and arms but was basically becoming a midriff.  And I'm not one of those moms who wants my daughter to look like a belly-baring Britney Spears a la 1999 so I decided to follow directions and re-do her shirt.

The too-short shirt and leftover material from a bag making frenzy I went through two years ago.

The shirt cut in half and the new fabric placed in the middle (M.E. cried when I cut her shirt).

The bottom part of the shirt sewn to the new fabric.

Okay, I got really distracted and forgot about taking photos.  Here's the finished product.
When I finished the initial shirt M.E. said she wanted it to have ruffles.  Ergo, the ruffles at the bottom. And I have the thing for bold details=button flowers up top.




Before you get all "I could never do that" negative on me, let me tell you that I have a basic understanding of sewing.  I get my know-how from websites.  Why am I saying this?  Because if I can do this, you can too!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so adorable! Great job! :) Ahhh....little girls! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to surprise yourself on the sewing machine. Its usually not as hard as you think once you get going...you just have to be brave enough to try! Sorry for the multiple comments...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and I love multiple comments :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)