You see, we have a beautiful little girl who just loves her daddy and whenever Matt and I are going on a date she likes to watch me get dolled up and ask questions about my level of excitement and the level of fanciness. It's adorable.
So, Matt asked her out on a date.
We also have this son who, well, he's pretty oblivious to the whole dating scene and I'm pretty sure he's never noticed Matt and I getting dressed for a date BUT I think he's handsome and a real catch and I wanted to spend time with him.
So I asked him out on a date.
For their date, Matt planned everything. He picked a fancy Italian restaurant and the evening's activities (going to a bookstore for a new book and out for ice cream). Our daughter DID pick out his and hers matching outfits. Aren't they sweet?
![]() |
| Ready for their "fancy" date |
![]() |
| He's more of an active dater |
![]() |
| Butterscotch ice cream. Mac-n-cheese. The kid has a thing for orange foods. |
This week, plan a special "date" night with your kids. Memory makers, people. Memory makers.



Great idea! Looks like they had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteAw that's so fun! I loved going on dates with my parents. Lillian and Khale have a cute little date tradition - once a month they go out and get breakfast together somewhere. She always has to pick out whatever dress she considers to be her fanciest too. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a sweet idea! I'd accompany your boy on a date anytime. I looove Arby's!
ReplyDelete