No sports, no guests, no errands, no "to do lists"? I love those weekends!
If you are in desperate need of a do-nothing day, might I suggest a family PJ day?
Here's what to do:
- brush your teeth and comb your hair but STAY in your jammies (or put on clean ones, if you must).
- Eat a fabulously sweet breakfast--pancakes, syrup, whipped cream, sprinkles ... the works!
- Play a game.
- Color.
- Pop popcorn and watch a mid-morning movie.
- Eat lunch.
- Take a family nap.
- Play hide-n-seek.
- Play playdough.
- Make a fort.
- Make dinner and eat it in the fort.
- Eat rubbish for dessert.
- Tell and read stories.
- Brush teeth and put kids to bed (they're already in their jammies!)
- Watch a movie with your hubby.
- Go to bed (jammies optional).
I love this! We homeschool, so I let my kids do this once and a while. They get so excited and I figure its one of the "perks" of homeschooling!
ReplyDelete