Anyway, I'm not a coffee person but I do love, love, love tea! Eons ago,For my 22nd birthday my mom and dad got me a great, expensive electric tea pot. I love it but it is a pain in the rear to clean. However, any tea drinker worth their salt knows that tea 1. Can't be microwaved and 2. Is best when properly brewed in a clean pot. (If you are such a technical tea drinker that you think "properly" means boiled over a gas stove--pooh on you!).
It is a must to have a good, clean pot (is there a drug reference like "that's what she said"? If so, this is a perfect time to use it--good, clean pot. Ha ha!). Wow--am I digressing?!
Back to the pot (!). To clean your tea pot there are two very easy options.
- Put 1 cup of white vinegar into the pot. Fill to the brim with boiling water. Let sit overnight. Drain. Rinse. Wash. Rinse. Dry. Make tea.
- Put 4 tablespoons of baking soda into the tea pot. Fill to the brim with boiling water. Let sit overnight. Drain. Rinse. Wash. Rinse. Dry. Make tea.
Since I'm not a coffee drinker I can't be certain but I'd bet you can use the same steps to clean out your nasty coffee carafes.
Hope your day "brews" up something spectacular.
Comment line--coffee, tea or other? Be prepared to defend yourself.
:sigh: I can't drink hot tea. It's totally a psychological thing b/c my Mom would always give us hot tea to drink when we were sick so as soon as I take a sip I instantly feel nauseated. Hopefully one day I'll overcome it though b/c it's so darn good for you! :)
ReplyDeleteQuestion - how do you feel about frapps? Do they even count as coffee? Isn't there more ice and whipped cream in them than anything else?
@Sarah--I won't hold it against you :)
ReplyDeleteOn Frapps--While they are mostly high calorie drinks filled with milk/cream, the base is generally coffee (though now Starbucks has cremes that can have fruit, green tea, or chai bases). I really, really, really don't like coffee so I'm not a frapp fan.
I'll pray for you about the tea stuff :)