I really like the idea of a clean microwave but at my house, no one--myself included--remembers to cover plates before they get cooked. Ergo, there is a random mix of crusty pasta sauce, splattered Cream of Wheat, and something else I haven't quite identified.
Shocking. I know.
When I need to clean the microwave, I let microwave work for me--sort of like a self-cleaning oven.
Here's what to do:
Get a microwave safe bowl and fill it with equal parts of distilled white vinegar and water.
Put it in the microwave and get it cookin' to a rolling boil.
Wipe it out with a clean cloth.
You'll be amazed at the way crusty stuff gets loosened and odors disappear.
Okay, I've gotta try this. I HATE cleaning the microwave.. I put it off as long as I can. (so long in fact that husband usually cleans it! lol)
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing with lemon juice. I will have to try this though too. Once again...thanks for the tip! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, thanks! I also HATE cleaning the microwave. I will be trying this very soon.
ReplyDeleteShelly--Lemon probably smells better than vinegar. Never thought to try it. Do you use fresh lemon or "canned"? I'll try it and report back.
ReplyDeleteMandy and Amy--good luck. I hate that job!
I do the same with but with some lemon as well-non acetone nailpolish also gets out stains including burnt popcorn!
ReplyDelete