Friday, November 9, 2012

Date Night {IN}: Words with Lovers

What's this? A blog post?  That's odd.  Obviously some one has hijacked WITHMIM?

Don't call the blogthorities.  It's Reagan.  I'm in New Orleans missing my family like crazy so I thought I'd share our last home date as a way of making my thinking of my husband (instead of preparing) legitimately legitimate.

Confession:  I love Words with Friends.  Matt plays with me because he loves me.  It's all pretty sweet.

But I decided to spice it up a little bit.  Ergo, Words with Lovers.



Um, if you want really classy pictures, you should probably check Pinterest because these are coming at you from my iPhone, and were taken at night.  Worst case photo scenario but I've never been a photography blog so ...

The pictures are bad but the idea is fun (and easy.  Did I mention I put this together in under 10 minutes?).

So here's what you need:

  • Cream colored sticky notes
  • Marker
  • Pen
  • Scrabble game
  • Scrabble letter values


Here's what you do:

  • Write out the letters for WORDS WITH LOVERS and put the sign where your significant other can find it (for me, that meant our crazy-dirty garage door).  See the first picture.
  • Write a letter on each sticky A-Z with corresponding values.  See the second picture.
  • On the back, write an activity you can do TONIGHT that goes with the value.  See the third picture.





 Here are some ideas:
A--Ask and answer one question.
B--5 minute Back rub
C--Cut the rug to "your" song.
X--Xperiment by kissing in a new way (um, spiderman kiss?)
W--Ask and answer a "would you rather" question.


Now, here's how we played.  I hid the notes and sent my husband on a scavenger hunt.  I hid them REALLY hard.  He didn't find some of the letters until the next day but that's okay.

Anyways, we broke out the Scrabble Board and just played regular Scrabble.  Whenever someone got more than 10 points or got a Double/Triple word, we did one of the post-it activities.

Remember a few lines up I said something about Spice?

Yeah well that's because activity S was STRIP SCRABBLE.  (Dad, if you are reading this post, please stop here.  Thanks).

Strip Scrabble is EASY PEASY (and if your spouse doesn't like games, this might be an option).

Set up your game as normal.  Whenever someone lays down less than 10 points, he or she must strip.  Whenever someone gets a double word or triple letter, the opponent strips 1 article of clothing. Whenever someone gets a double or triple word, the opponent must 2-3 pieces of clothing.  That's it.  Best part, it's kind of a win win even if you lose :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you in my reader! :) Love this date! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)