Saturday, October 20, 2012

Seasons

It has been more than a week since I last found I could sit down and just type--for no reason--into a blog post.  It breaks my heart a little bit to see the blog I love shriveling up but life gives us seasons.

I have had seasons of loneliness followed by seasons of friendship.

I have had seasons of sorrow followed by seasons of joy.

I have had seasons of dancing followed by seasons of stillness.

The funny thing about a season is I tend to either grumble through it or take it for granted.  Neither are great responses.  Both responses lack perspective and gratitude.

I am in a season of "how in the hell am I going to get this all done?!?" and I choose to embrace it.  I choose to love this season.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not getting enough sleep.  I am not getting enough time with my children or husband.  I feel perpetually behind.  I feel trapped by statistical formulas and job prospects.

But I am a great believer that God gives us more than we can handle.  Yes, yes, I know the adage "God never gives you more than you can handle" but I think that is statement is a lie.  Actually, I know it is a lie.

God gives us more than we can handle.

Moses had more than he could handle.  Israelites couldn't handle Pharaoh or his armies.  In that den, Daniel had more than he could handle.  Same with David going up against Goliath.

God gives us more than we can handle because when we have more than we can handle, we trust HIM to help us through.

How sweet the overwhelming days when they cause me to lean on God for support.



2 comments:

  1. I never feel like I have enough time! I'm always putting out the hottest fire and I tend to set half those fires by myself. I guess I'm just a masochist at heart.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all go through seasons. And its important that we recognize that we might need each one and just continue to breathe and be the best we can for each. Your blog will be here when you are ready for it - I took a long hiatus for a really LONG SEASON - it was a dark one.

    God gives you more than you can handle, because he believes you can rise up to accept it.

    Kiran

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)