Wednesday, October 10, 2012

While I Was in the Kitchen

Last night I was in the kitchen making dinner.  My kids were in the bathtub.   It was mostly quiet.

Don't worry.  My kids are old enough to be in the bath by themselves.  Plus, from the kitchen I can hear all the goings-on in the bathroom without having to actually be in there.  My floor plan is a real gem, I tell you.

Anyhow.  Kitchen.  Cooking.  Praying.

It comes to me out of nowhere, this question:

Tomorrow, if you are treated by everyone the same way you treated everyone today, what will your day look like?

I rambled through my day in my head.  The friends I saw.  The drivers I passed. The peers I attended class with.

How did I treat others?

Did I offer comfort and compassion?  Was I a good friend?  Did I listen?  Was I fully with them (rather than on my phone)?  Did I offer grace and mercy?

In many places, yes.  In other places, no. Isn't that how it always goes?  I am so thankful that each day starts anew.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this question.

Tomorrow, if you are treated by everyone the same way you treated everyone today, what will your day look like?

Linking up with Shell at Pour Your Heart Out!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not really commenting ... not at all. ;)

    This is an interesting question. I try to treat everyone with kindness, but it's true, sometimes you just act and react without doing so. Thanks for making me think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting question...which is now forcing me to think and reflect. The day isn't over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While never wording it that way in particular - this is something I've been working on more lately. I can be impatient with other people - especially when they are being ignorant or rude or annoying - but I've been making a very concerted effort to temper my own reactions - to brush things off and show kindness - to be empathetic of what they may be going through.
    Enjoyed your post - stopped by from Shell's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thought-provoking question. Good in some ways and others- I definitely need to improve.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)