Friday, October 5, 2012

I Blame the Toys

Saturday morning my kids made the biggest mess.

I was so upset I didn't even try to take three minutes to giggle about the nonsense or to take a picture of this epic disaster.

I.   LOST.   IT.

Big time.

There was some yelling, some discipline, and tears because sometimes I handle messes okay but when kids intentionally trash a room (in under 5 minutes), mom comes a little unglued.  Or a lot.

We all--yes, it took all four family members--got the mess cleaned up but inside, I was just a bit devastated that toys (and blankets, and leaf pixie dust, and shoes, and stuffed animals ...) being thrown about the room could prompt such a meltdown ... on my part.

It dawned on me.

I am feeling overwhelmed.  I do not want one more thing on my plate, even if it is something as small as having to clean up a room.

At this point, I want to give away 95% of my children's toys (and my possessions) just so life feels a little more simplified.  I love to care for my husband and children and father.  I love my school and job. I love that God relentlessly gives me more than I can handle so I can lean on Him and not myself.

I just think I would love all of this more if I did not have to clean up a bin full of cheap fast food toys ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)