Thursday, September 6, 2012

These Cool Mornings

Cool mornings are like water down a dry throat--serious relief to my soul.

I know I've said it over and over (and probably over) that I'm convinced I have reverse SADD.  I'm telling you, too much sun makes me a wreck!  Some mornings my husby reaches to open our Roman shades and I shoot him this, "If you open those and let the sun in before noon I will probably spit in your dinner" looks.  Btw, I've never actually done that--even when he does open the blinds pre-maturely.

Today it will get into the 80s but this morning, there was a breeze with a bit of chill to it.

So I dropped my son off at preschool, kidnapped Matt from work, and did what any true lover of cool mornings would do.  I whisked my love to Starbucks for a grande spiced pumpkin chai with whip (because Starbucks fall flavors are out now, that's why!  Hooray!).

These cool mornings ... oh how I love them!

No time to hit Starbucks (or do you live where there *gasp* isn't one?).  No problem!  My BFF totally hacked some great drinks (and I've convinced her to tackle coconut mochas next.  Yay for friends who are creative cooks!).

Try this recipe for Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

2 comments:

  1. I like how Junie B. Jones's manner of speaking keeps sneaking into your blog posts. :)

    Hooray for off guard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cool mornings myself, but I'm still a huge fan of sunshine, as long as I don't feel like I'm melting from the heat. I also love Starbucks, but I rarely ever go anymore.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)