Tuesday, September 18, 2012

No More Toddler Beds

I came home and the convertible crib/toddler bed was in the garage.

In pieces.

I am so excited to watch my children grow up, seek the heart of God, and use their gifts and talents to the benefit of others.

I am not one of those parents who wants to keep my children young forever because then, I think how much I would be missing--how much others would be missing.

I want to enjoy every moment of them growing and learning and changing.

But seeing that toddler bed in the garage in pieces just hit me in the heart--hard.

No more babies.

My children are growing and even though I am so blessed for this life of watching them discover themselves, and God, and this world, something inside me just aches.

And once again I as reminded the days go slowly but the years go quickly.

P's new "big boy bed" made by my handsome hubby--without directions.  Gosh he's good!


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - the growing and changing is so fun but it's hard not to feel sad when you think about how fast it all goes by.

    I'm seriously cherishing these baby times with Harper (lack of sleep and spit up and all) because even though we plan to adopt, there's no guarantee that we'll ever have a baby again. And while it's hard having a big Kindergarten lady, I so love her enthusiasm for school, her teacher, learning and recess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah and feel the same way ---I just love you both dearly and wish we could be real-life friends! :) Haha! I love all the excitement Eli has about leaving me for 35 hours a week and I love Simeon being a big boy...I LOVE it all...but change is just hard sometimes! BTW, Pax's bed is awesome! Love it! Simeon always asks for one of those "cowboy Joe" pillows at the store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love watching my daughter grow up and become more of a kid instead of just a baby. I just wish it wasn't happening so fast.
    That is one awesome looking bed.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)