Friday, August 24, 2012

Hooky and Polka Dotties

When I started this blog (nearly 4 years ago I think), I knew I'd be one of those bloggers who used mass-produced style templates because I'm not really tech savvy.  And while I love the free therapy and creative writing opportunities blogging offers, I really, really, really don't want to become so tech savvy that I can create my own background and header.

So I searched for weeks, and I literally mean weeks, to find the right design.  I never did.  I ended up going with the "best option" until I found something better.  Ergo, the purple, pink, blue, black emo teen design I "temporarily" used for about four years.

My kids have been gone since Wednesday and I was bored so I decided to spruce up my blog.  My creative friend Shelly from Naptime Notes "threw together" (her words...what?  This would take me hours) a new header.

Do you love it?  I do.  It's exactly what I want.  Pink, grey and black.  Edgy.  Feminine without being cutesy or girlie.  My hubs saw it and was all "that is so YOU."  See, from my new header, you know me better.  I didn't mean for that to rhyme it just did.  I'm such a good writer :)

The background still isn't exactly what I want.  Don't get me wrong, I love polka dotties as much as Junie B. Jones but they aren't  entirely what I was picturing.  But the heading is dead on and I still don't want to learn about background creation so here it is.

My new blog design.

I love it and you better too because if history is a good example, it'll probably be this way for a few years.

In other news, it's the last week before school starts, I'm recovering from walking pneumonia, and the weather is fine.  I'm playing hooky from life.  It's amazing.

With the new blog design comes new "rules."  No more themed days (except Wednesday).  I'm gonna write what I want to write when I want to write it.  I'll still highlight music, fashion, and dates but when I'm inspired rather than required.  Even though theme days help keep me consistently writing, sometimes they make writing feel like a chore.  And when you love to write, nothing is worse than feeling like you have to write.  It's kinda like being forced to kill your friend.  Or something like that.

So polka dotties and hooky.  That's the new way I'm gonna roll.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for the new look!

    I've been applying the "writing what I want to write" principal lately and have been loving it. Instead of being worried about my ratio of meal posts to baking posts or life posts, I'm just going for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally noticed you playing it by ear (which I learned is the correct way of saying it. Not "playing it by year" which never made sense to me but was what I heard).

      Power to the momma bloggers who don't let blogging become one more thing on the "to do" list!

      Delete
    2. Let's pretend I used the correct "principle" up there.

      Delete
    3. Ha! But I didn't notice.

      Delete
  2. Love the new look! Enjoy your new found freedom...you'll be blessed by it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I do love it ...

      Delete
  3. Love the new look, it's edgy. I think you will enjoy writing what and when you want. Required writing is never fun!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)