Friday, August 17, 2012

Fashion Friday: Trends to Try

Last week I shared 5 trends I think should be tossed including: high/low skirts, feathers, knitted items, neon, and Navajo print.

This week, here some fall trends I think you should try!

BLUE AND BLACK

Red always makes a fall comeback as burgandy or blood but this fall, the color combo to watch is Blue and Black!


Source: gq.com via RJ on Pinterest


TARTAN (aka: plaid, school girl)





KNEE HIGH BOOTS and DESTROYED DENIM--Denim will be ripped, bleached, frayed ... and not just jeans. Be on the look out for destroyed denim jackets and shirts, too.



LOW SIDE PONY--Because it's that simple.

Source: indulgy.com via Lauren on Pinterest


HOUND'S TOOTH--always classic and classy


ORNATE--super detailed coats, shirts, dresses and definitely jewelry will appear (some Baroque will come out but that will be too impractical for anyone NOT on a runway).



DON'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE:
  • A revival of modern gothic or "oriental" flare
  • Hard case hand bags
  • More straight lines and less frill
  • Various shades of red
  • Grey as a power neutral
  • Hats, hats, and more hats
  • Scarves as a signature accessory
So any new trends catch your eye?  Any you wish would disappear?

1 comment:

  1. I don't keep up with the trends at all. I just buy my random jeans and tshirts and be on my way. I wish I had it in me (and the $$) to dress a little better, but at least I don't belong on 'What Not To Wear'. I do love the blue/black combo and the low side ponytail though. So class and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)