Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Days of Play: Painting the Town Gray

Kids love painting.  What am I saying?  I love painting.  Bright colors ... endless possibilities.  Who doesn't love to paint?

Cleaning up paint, on the other hand, doesn't exactly rank high on my fun meter.

And also, painting often ignores that one element that is so fun for summer: water.

But there is a solution to the I LOVE PAINTING but I want to play in water and I don't want to clean up a mess dilemma.

And it is painting the sidewalk with water.

I just blew your mind there a little bit, didn't I?

Seriously a bucket of water, a paintbrush, and big "canvas" equate big fun for my kids.  We grab our "painting" gear and head out to our driveway for loads of fun.  The kids love to paint the driveway, the side walks, and even our house.  And imagine their delight when their art disappears (you can explain evaporation if you want) and they have a new canvas.




Sometimes my kids do portraits.  Sometimes they do lines.  Sometimes they fling water about Jackson Pollock style.  However they do it, it is quick, easy, clean, cool fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)