Friday, July 20, 2012

{Group} Date Night In: Fiesta Friday

My husband had to travel for his birthday.  Boo!

We celebrated early with a little fiesta at our house.

Getting couples over for food and fun is one of my favorite things (and I'm now humming that song from the Sound of Music.  Anyone else there?  Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens ...).

Now I know it's summer and you could just put together a little BBQ but why not spice it up, literally, with a Mexican themed party?

Hang up some bold colored decorations, throw together some taco fixings, break out the chips and salsa, stir together some margaritas, and tune Pandora to a mariachi station.  It's that easy.

Okay, so we had some adult cupcakes.  These are margarita cupcakes that I found on Pinterest (of course).




And we had some margaritas ... because what would a fiesta without margaritas be?  Oh, and if you don't like alcohol, you can blend limeade, water, and 7up for a fun virgin margarita!


A simple food spread.  Because simple tastes the best.





When we were done eating the ladies chatted it up and the fellas played Beersbee (also known, unfortunately, as Polish Horseshoes).

Somehow I didn't get a photo of it but I did have an ADULT pinata.  What's that?  Well, it's a pinata filled with stuff adults would like--cigars, nail polish, fancy chocolates, mini bottles of liquor, etc.  Did adults actually crawl on the ground to get goodies.  You bet your sweet sopapillas they did!

The best part of this group date party was that I planned and executed it in 3--yes that is right--3 days.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was how into the pinata business Toby and Khale got. :)

    It was a fun party! You did an awesome job putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)