Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things I Love: Pumpkin in Spring

I found this recipe at The Frugally Rich Life a year and a half ago.

I tried it once and fell in love.

Then I decided to tweak it--a bit.

Okay, all I did was substitute natural, unsweetened applesauce for the oil.  Wa La!  Sugar free (well, except for the chocolate chips), oil free, healthy pumpki chocolate chip muffins.

Source: The Frugally Rich Life


Here's the slightly altered muffin recipe.

1 egg
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
1/2 c. milk (any percent but skim is best)
1/4 c. natural, unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (use white if you must)
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t cinnamon
1 c. dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)

Stir together first five, wet ingredients. Add in next five dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Put in greased muffin tins. Bake 375 for 18 minutes.

Makes 12 regular sized muffins OR 36 mini-muffins.

FYI--You can fill the tins pretty full since these do not rise much.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I cannot resist anything with the pumpkin and chocolate combination. I'm going to have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)