Monday, March 19, 2012

Music Monday: Goyte

It doesn't happen very often that I get on to regular radio stations and hear a song I like (or one that is also played on stations I like). The last time this happened it was with Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People.

 Now Goyte has been around for a long time (like since 2000) but his music is just now hitting that mainstream popularity coveted by musicians. I'm pretty happy about it :)

 So Goyte. If you think this is pronounced similarly to Boy-Tea, you are wrong. Goyte is actually prounced Gore-Tee-Yeah. Weird I know but Goyte means "Walter" and since Goyte's nickname (not stage name) is Walter, I guess it all makes sense. It a weird, "only a musician would think of this" kind of way.

 Goyte's voice is really unique and rich--kinda like the Peter Gabriel of 2000!

 Someone that I used to Know (this song is SUPER hot right now!) Heart's A Mess Thanks For Your Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)