Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Days of Play: Show me the money!

Learning about money is inevitable so you might as well start now.

Go on a coin hunt and find change from around the house.  Look in pockets, couch cushions, etc.  Give a high five to the person who finds a coin in the most random place.

Now, have your children sort the coins based on how they look (color and size).   Create a chart and make down how many of each coin you have.

Give your child a piece of paper and let him/her draw what the coins look like.

Tell your child what the coins names are and how much they are worth.

Now, put the coins in a bank :)

1 comment:

  1. Good idea! :) I will keep this in mind for some afternoon between 3:30 and 4:30...when the kids are itching to do something with me ...and I'm just ready for Matt to be home. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)