Thursday, February 16, 2012

Things I Love: A Long, Hot Shower

I am not one of those gals who showers first thing in the morning.

I save my shower for the end of the day.

I practically scald my body with water as hot as I can stand.

And I stand there.  Sometimes for five minutes; sometimes for thirty.

I let the water finger through my hair and un-knot my back.  I let my mind wander--in prayer--in praise--in imaginative talk and dreaming.

This is my me time.

This is where I do my best thinking.

When the steam fills up the bathroom and the scent of milk and almond body scrub permeates my nostrils, my soul is restored.

I'm a long, hot shower girl.

What's your guilty pleasure?

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't a long hot shower feel like a guilty pleasure to every mom? :) I also really like listening to tunes on my computer when most of the house is asleep. I usually play some pointless games at the same time. Very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)