Thursday, January 12, 2012

Things I Love: Skorcher

So my dad was at an auction and picked up several of these work out machines called Skorchers.

Did you just think "never heard of it?"  My thought exactly.

Photo Source

But he gave me one and I set it up and after the New Year I started using it.  Turns out, it's pretty freaking A.Mazing.  Now in truth, it is essentially just a work out bench.  You'll still need weights, etc.  BUT it isn't JUST a workout bench. The range of motion and the number of workout possibilities on this thing are incredible!

Here are a few options:





Legs. Butt. Core. Arms.  You can work it all on this baby.

Okay, so a lot of the exercises you do on the Skorcher can be done without it.  So why do I still love it?  Because it's there.  It's set up.  I can use it right now.  I don't have to find my yoga mat.  I don't have to bribe my kids to give me back the swiss ball.  I don't have to ask Matt to hold my feet while I do Twisty Crunches.  I don't have to pull out the kitchen chair so I can do chair dips.  Even though it takes up a bit of space, I love that it is waiting to be used.

The Skorcher takes minimal adjusting (which is why I got rid of the Total Gym.  Loved the idea--hating adjusting it every exercise) and requires NOTHING else besides weights.

Sadly, Skorcher went out of business, which is why my dad was able to buy several at an auction.  Turns out this was just another work out fad.  Of course, that's the way it goes with all work out stuff. They only work if you work it.  I'm working my Skorcher and I'm lovin' it.

The end.

1 comment:

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)