Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Monday: CIty of Lions

It might be too early to call this band a keeper.  I mean, the band has only been a band for less than a year.  But if I was a gambling gal (I'm not but if I was), I'd put money that this band gets BIG!

Named after a dream in which the lead singer found himself in a desert, led to a colony of lions wherein he was turned into a lion, City of Lions is made up of four young men (18-20) dedicated to the craft of making some seriously awesome music with the express goal of sharing "the true meaning of love."

Though the band members are Christian and their music examines Christian themes, don't let that scare you away.  Unlike many Christian bands who beat the love of Jesus into listeners with judgmental lyrics, City of Lions lets the message of love, peace, and grace speak, subtly, for itself.   If you aren't a Jesus believer, you won't be offended by overt "turn or burn" messages.  You will be wowed by good music.

Without further ado, let me introduce CITY OF LIONS.



For more about City of Lions, read this article or check out their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)