Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Days Of Play: Milk Paint

I so found this idea on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it.

Seriously, an art activity requiring only stuff {most} people have in their kitchens anyway?  Yes please!

Photo Source


All you need is:

  • Dish soap
  • milk
  • food coloring
  • tooth pick
  • bowl (I used a foil pie tin)
  • paper {optional}
  • paintbrush {optional}
What to do:
  1. Pour milk into the bowl/pie tin,
  2. Add a few drops of food coloring a few inches apart from one another.
  3. Dip toothpick in dish soap.
  4. Put toothpick in milk and swirl paint.
  5. Do over and over until coolness wears off.
  6. Then if you want, put a piece of paper on a cookie sheet (or the table) and paint with the milk.
What's going on, scientifically speaking?  I have no idea but isn't it cool?

The reaction of the soap disrupting the surface tension of the milk causes the colors to radiate away from the toothpick. 

Um, sure.  Whatever it is, it is super fun and the kids loved it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)