Thursday, December 29, 2011

Things I Love: Taking Down Christmas Decor

No.  I'm not a Grinch--I just love the feel of getting the house back to "normal."

When it comes to Christmas, I have more decorations than are necessary for three houses, let alone one.  But never fear, I put up every bit of my Christmas stuff the week before Thanksgiving and keep it up as long as possible.  It practically looks like someone threw up red and green in my house.  It's very Christmasy.  Buddy the Elf would be at home in my home during the holidays.

But "as long as possible" is roughly until December 27th.  You see, tons of lights + tons of decorations + tree + 2 type-A neat freaks = imbalance.  A couple of days after Christmas Matt and I start twitching.  We are ready for the Christmas clutter to be gone.  We are ready for clean lines, open spaces, and good chi for the house (not that we know what chi is or whether or not the house needs it).

So bright and early Tuesday morning I gathered up snowmen and Santas.  I packed up lights and advent calendars.  I put away Christmas serving dishes and the last of the wrapping paper.  I breathed a sigh of relief.

As much as I adore my Christmas decor, I must say that I love putting it away.  Anyone else just get a feeling of peace and relaxation from taking down their holiday decor?

2 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same way!!! It was all put away by noon on the 26th. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same way over here! My tree and decorations were down on the 26th, I would have taken them down Christmas night but it didn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)