Thursday, November 10, 2011

Things I Love: My Sister

Today is my sister's birthday. {Happy Birthday!}

She the first one to have a birthday since my mom died.  It is bittersweet.

To help make the bitter a bit more sweet, here are 36 memories that make me thankful for my sister.
  1. I'm thankful she got caught sneaking out first.  The girl saved me some trouble.
  2. I'm thankful for the top-secret, sisters only photo I have of her.  It's wildly unflattering.  The blackmail possibilities are endless.
  3. I'm thankful for the nights we used to watched "Sisters" together in her room.
  4. I'm thankful for that time we danced in cowboy boots and dad's boxer shorts.
  5. I'm thankful for the laugh I still get when I remember how a Charlie Horse knocked her to the ground like she was doing an air-raid.
  6. I'm thankful that she is willing to watch Easy A over and over with me.  "We must be related."
  7. I'm thankful for appletinis served in wine glasses.
  8. I'm thankful for x-rated madlibs and the completely inappropriate conversations that follow.
  9. I'm thankful for evil plots against Javo.
  10. I'm thankful her Camero was low to the ground. Trust me, it came in handy the time I jumped out of it while she was driving.
  11. I'm thankful for fights over the proper application of eye-liner.
  12. I'm thankful for motel rooms attached to strip joints.
  13. I'm thankful for being the dance club in Portage la Prairie.
  14. I'm thankful for playing "house" in motel rooms.
  15. I'm thankful for black naugahyde furniture to watch cartoons on.
  16. I'm thankful for a Kids, Inc. watching partner.
  17. I'm thankful for Twilight marathons.
  18. I'm thankful for Black Friday, 5 am shopping.
  19. I'm thankful for the Tilted Kilt.
  20. I'm thankful for pink mustangs.
  21. I'm thankful that I don't have to listen to her crappy hip-hop music anymore.
  22. I'm thankful for the bathroom incident in her puffy wedding dress.
  23. I'm thankful I got to be her matron of honor, which coincidentally goes hand-in-hand with the bathroom incident.
  24. I'm thankful for that beer hunting episode (and her constant retelling of me running up and down stairs like a gerbil on meth).
  25. I'm thankful for inside jokes.  Holy Mole-y!
  26. I'm thankful for a "puss this long!"
  27. I'm thankful for haircuts with horns.
  28. I'm thankful for birthday weekends in Rapid City.
  29. I'm thankful for The Color Purple on Christmas Eve.
  30. I'm thankful for present snooping.
  31. I'm thankful for Foster.  Okay, this is a lie.  I hated that dog but at least I know I never, ever want an English bulldog.  Ever.
  32. I'm thankful for hard egg sandwiches when you're sick.
  33. I'm thankful for sledding down stairs.
  34. I'm thankful for going to the bathroom together on the phone.
  35. I'm thankful for someone to call and talk to about nothing and everything.
  36. I'm thankful for how often I see mom in you.

Happy Birthday Randeaner Beaner Weiner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)