Sunday, November 27, 2011

Music Monday: Suddyn(ly addicted to this band!)

I love music.  Love, love, lovey love it.

Imagine the thrill I got when the lead singer of Suddyn, a band from Montauk (and a Ireland, a little bit.  It's a long story and not mine to tell.  The end.) contacted me to tell me about his band.  Did you imagine me smiling a big smile and doing my silly happy dance?  Oh good.  You know me well.

I stole this photo from Suddyn's webpage.


Anyhoo, the e-mail had links to some songs and a video.  So the darling husband and I dropped everything we should have been doing to sit in front of the fireplace and give Suddyn a listen.

We wanted to hear the songs before the video because somehow seeing a musician before hearing him/her seems wrong.  It's like eating an Oreo whole without at least twisting the top off and licking the frosting.  It's wrong but then I repeat myself.

Back to the fireplace, the laptop, SoundCloud (don't make me list why I love SoundCloud) and Suddyn.  

Each time we listened to a song we stated, "Oh that was so good.  That one was my favorite."  Then we'd listen to the next song and say the same thing and not because we are an easy audience like that but because we big fat loved this band!  Seriously their sound is something between Airborne Toxic Event, Snow Patrol, and Coldplay.  My ears were in ear heaven (which makes no sense but you get what I mean, right?)

So today, I suggest you give Suddyn a listen.  Start with Side Arm (<--- Go ahead and click that link.  You know you want to AND I'll be here when you're finished.  It's okay).  Then go to Brighter Star.  Don't over look In Flagrante Delecto (rambling side note: Matt talked with a judge once who told him this funny story about catching some co-workers "in flagrante delicto."  We had to giggle over that story while listening to this song.  Aren't you glad I share this random nonsense with you?).

Finally, watch a couple of these videos.  I'm not gonna lie, someone should make a "literal video" out of the Nothing Lasts Forever.

Nothing Lasts Forever (except zombies. Obviously).



Gravity



Letting Go (Fan made video sucks but song is super romantical. If you're reading this Matt, this song should make "the" list.  You know what I'm talking about *wink wink*)



On my Christmas list this year: Suddyn!

1 comment:

  1. I have seen these guys over at Viper Room on Sunset Blvd a few times now. Not only is the music solid, they put on a great live show as well. Enjoyed the blog, but like the band even more!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)