Friday, October 21, 2011

Date Night {OUT}: Can You Hear Me Now?

My husband, who refuses to blog, took me out on this date last Friday.  It was totally random and totally fun.  That's what I call success.

DATE PREP

Before the date, which was incredibly spontaneous, he sent me an e-mail telling me to make a multiple choice quiz ABOUT me for him to take.

The quiz had to be 10 questions long and each question needed 3 possible answers.  5 questions were things he didn't know about me and 5 were about my passions.

Some of my questions were:

(Reading--my passion)
What's next on my reading list?
A.  Shipbreaker
B. Eli
C. Sarah's Key

(Something he didn't know about me)
What was our family "code phrase" growing up?
A. Elvis Presley
B. Ignore Keith
C. Uncle Tom

So, for your date BOTH you and your spouse need to make a quiz about yourselves for the other person to take at the end of the date.

As the date planner, you also need to come up with 3 secret "prizes" for the winner.  Write the prize on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope so the winner is surprised.  Prizes could be: coupon for 15 minute back rub, getting to sleep in both days on the weekend, getting out of laundry for a week, etc.

DATE TIME

For the date itself, do something silly and random.  We walked around a music store, went to The Buckle, sauntered through Target, and then went and had a drink.

Now here is where it gets tricky ... during the course of the date, you have "slip" the answers to all of your questions into casual conversation.  At the end of the date, you get to "test" each other's listening skills and any answer you don't fit into a conversation gets thrown out.

At the end of the night, take each others' quizzes.  The winner gets to pick an envelope prize and the "loser" must deliver.

If there is a tie, then as the date organizer, declare your spouse the winner and let him take the prize.  Of course you could each pick one prize ... your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)