Thursday, September 29, 2011

{Fall} Things I Love: Gourmet Hot Cocoas

It's fall.

YAY it's fall!

Have I mentioned that I might be a little bit crazy in love with fall?

Every fall I like to share what I love about fall.  Last year's list included: my electric tea pot, chai, geese, healthy pumpkin muffins ...

First up this year .... drumroll (but not really because you read it in the title) ....

GOURMET HOT COCOAS

Mmmm... hot drinks.  So good for the psyche.  Maybe not so good for the hips but I'm content to pretend these recipes have all the calories psychologically removed if you are.  Deal?

Whether it's Land o Lakes mini hot chocolate packets or my own hot chocolate recipe, I'm a sucker for a good cup of cocoa.  But every now and then I want gourmet cocoa.  Not just hot chocolate.  Not just chocolate with a dash of mint.

Real. Gourmet. Cocoa.

The kind you have to make on the stove top with more than two ingredients.  The kind that makes your mouth fill with drool over the delectable scent of spices being stirred together.

So this year I'm going to make these on a cool, cloudy, play jazz and sit on the couch kind of fall day!

Pumpkin Spiced White Hot Chocolate.

This recipe is from the Frontier Kitchen.  Please go there for directions.  STAT!

Click this link to go to FK and get the recipe (and to see where I stole the photo from)

Okay, now this second recipe is from Good Life Eats. It's for a Vanilla Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa.

This photo belongs to Good Life Eats.  
Gourmet. Hot. Cocoa.  Mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)