Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Days of Play: Leaf Prints

I'm so glad it's fall.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets all gushy and emotional over trees turning orange, cozy sweaters, honking geese, and a perfectly good excuse to drink cider and cocoa all day long.

YAY for fall!

Right about now our foliage is turning and a few bold trees are letting their leaves down and bearing their nakedness {already}.  Leaves are falling.

If a leaf is going to fall I feel like it should be celebrated with art.

What do I have in mind?  Well, how about some bright leaf print art?

I found this little artsy fartsy project at Kleas

For this project you'll need white or brown butcher paper, a pie tin or 8x8 pan, and some of those brightly colored cheap acrylic paints you can get at big box stores.

1.  In the pan lays down several bright colors.
Photo from Kleas

2.  Dip the leaves in the pan and press onto the paper.

3.  Pull leaf off and wa-la ... some pretty amazing and easy fall art.

Kleas is brilliant.  This photo belongs to Kleas.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I like this project. I'm going to have to give it a try! Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)