The problem is that unlike cooking blogs, I never take pictures of what I'm cooking so all I can do is give you the ingredients and directions.
I stand behind the yumminess of this recipe 110%. Even without the "look at me" eye-catching photos, you should try this!
What You'll Need
- The juice and zest of one lime
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. coconut milk (the kind in the can)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- skewers (soak wood ones in water)
What To Do:
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except shrimp. Blend until thick and smooth(ish).
- Pour marinade over shrimp. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes (but the longer the better).
- Put 4-5 shrimp on a skewer.
- Lightly spray grill so shrimp won't stick.
- Grill over low heat until pink and cooked through.
- I served this with coconut quinoa stuffed peppers. Mmmm!
**Make sure to toss the marinade. We don't use marinades that had raw meat in it. That's yucky!**