Thursday, August 4, 2011

Things I Love: Coconut-Lime Shrimp

Okay so I really like to leave all the cooking-blog stuff to the pros--like Sarah from Frontier Kitchen but every now and then I whip up something magical and I have to share it.

The problem is that unlike cooking blogs, I never take pictures of what I'm cooking so all I can do is give you the ingredients and directions.

I stand behind the yumminess of this recipe 110%. Even without the "look at me" eye-catching photos, you should try this!

What You'll Need

  • The juice and zest of one lime
  • 2 minced cloves of garlic
  • 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 1/2 c. coconut milk (the kind in the can)
  • 1/4 c. soy sauce
  • 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
  • skewers (soak wood ones in water)

What To Do:
  1. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except shrimp.  Blend until thick and smooth(ish).
  2. Pour marinade over shrimp.  Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes (but the longer the better).
  3. Put 4-5 shrimp on a skewer.
  4. Lightly spray grill so shrimp won't stick.
  5. Grill over low heat until pink and cooked through.
  6. I served this with coconut quinoa stuffed peppers.  Mmmm!  
**Make sure to toss the marinade.  We don't use marinades that had raw meat in it.  That's yucky!**


2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good...I might have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like being called a pro! :)

    Wait a minute, doesn't everyone take photos of their food?

    Actually, my inlaws used to always chuckle when I would dash away from the table to go take a photo of something...now they know it's coming and it doesn't even make 'em blink. :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)