Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Days of Play: Flower Fairies

I'm one of those moms who thinks Family Fun magazine is one step away from pure genius.  This idea is from them.

Essentially go for a walk and pick a few flowers and leaves.  I don't about you but this sort of "nature walk" can take an hour with my kids so don't forget water and sunscreen.

When you get home, break out the glue and markers (and glitter because what fairy doesn't have glitter?) and make a flower fairy.

Here's a picture from Family Fun's site for a little inspiration:
Photo from Family Fun
What's great about this activity is any age kid can do it (well, any age past that age where everything goes into the mouth).

Just let your kid glue stuff down and then use all that pent up creativity to make a fairy.  Or a fairy boat or a fairy house or a fairy pet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)