Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things I Love: Spicy

Yes.  I love spicy food.  But that's not what I'm talking about here.

What I love is the word SPICY. 

Remember the girl from Mean Girls who wants to make the word "fetch" popular?  Well, I've been on a mission to make spicy popular.  And it's catching on.

At first I started saying spicy in place of the word hot--which seems obvious.  For example, "It's spicy out today" or "My husband is so spicy!"

Then I decided that spicy could also substitute for sassiness, snarkiness, wit, etc.  "Wow, you are being spicy!" or "Love the spicy comment."

Of course, I use spicy to help tone down a contentious situation.  For example, in class two students were rigorously debating and to help bring calm back into the classroom, I said, "This is a spicy conversations."

Turns out lots of people love my word.  I've caught friends posting it in Facebook (my daughter is so spicy today!), students writing it in e-mails, Matt using it when he likes how I dress...  It's catching on!  YAY!

I love spicy!  It's so fetch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)