Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things I Love: Making Stuff

My friend Sarah is hosting a sewing night for our mom's group.  It's not until June but I'm already scoping out a few projects I would mind whipping up while chatting with the ladies.

Here are some of my top picks!

Summer Flower Tee (which Disney promises is FAST to make.  I like fast).

Photo from Ruffles and Stuff
I'm thinking navy shirt with white and red flower?  Or maybe white shirt with green flower?  What say you?

Then there are these No-Sew Flowers.  Cute, aren't they?  I like the idea of adding them to shirts, shoes, headbands ... really, you cover up a lot of stains with these cuties.  But then again, these are NO SEW--is that against the rule on sewing night?

Photo from Ruffles and Stuff
One Pearl Button posted a tutorial knock off of this Anthropologie shirt.  I like it.  And I like that if and when I screw it up I will be at Sarah's house and she can save me, or--er, the shirt I mean.
Photo Source One Pearl Button

Finally, there is this cute scalloped skirt.  I love it.  Problem is, I'm not sure if I can pull it off in one night.  But maybe I could leave it with the directions and Sarah could finish it.  Maybe not!

Photo Source Ameroonie Designs
So much to make, so little talent time. 

What's your vote?  What should I make on our lady's sewing night?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what everybody makes. I suppose I should officially schedule it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the skirt is so cute! I think I need a baby girl! :)

    Go for one of the first two...so you can visit with your girls too and not have to focus too hard on the task at hand! :) Sewing night sounds fun! I may have to plan a Laramie version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I wish I could convince my mom friends to sew! Maybe we'll have to start with a crafting night instead.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)