Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things I Love: A Good Teacher {A Gift Idea}

I'm an educator which means I love teaching.

I'm a mom which means I love a good teacher.

Hip Hip Hooray for National Teacher Appreciation week!

If there is a good educator in your life, please take an opportunity this week to THANK him or her for all the hard work that goes into educating your children.

Now, since I've been a teacher, I know what it's like to get too many cookies, bears, and apples in appreciation.  It's not that I didn't appreciate my gifts; it's just so darn hard to figure out what to do with a ceramic bear in modern decor scheme.

Please let me encourage you to make a gift for your son's or daughter's teacher that will go a long way!

Photo Source (this is a stamp!  Follow this link to order it!)


What you'll need:
  • A mug
  • A gift card to a coffee shop
  • Some candy (Kisses, chocolate covered Espresso beans, M&Ms ...)
  • Tissue paper
  • A thank you card
What to do:
  1. Put a $5 gift card in the mug.
  2. Fill with chocolate so the gift card is "hidden."
  3. Top with tissue paper (so nothing falls out).
  4. Have your child write or decorate the inside of the card.  Make sure as the parent you add a personal thank you as well (along with "enjoy your gift card" to make sure the teacher digs into the mug).
  5. On the thank you card envelope write "Thanks a Latte."
  6. Attach to mug with tape, riboon, etc.
  7. Give to the teacher (who might not need another mug but who will love the gift card instead of her seventh plate of cookies).
Photo Source

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    {Reverse Psychology}
    I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
    (Did that reverse psychology work???)