Thursday, April 21, 2011

Things I Love: Water for Elephants

Have you read Water for Elephants?

It is a fabulous book about a vet-school drop out's foray into the circus and his love affair with the showstopper and elephant.  It sounds sketchy but it is so amazing.

Photo Source
Anyhow, Water for Elephants was turned into a movie.  When I read the book I kept envisioning James McAvoy in the male lead role but the movie people cast Rob Pattinson, which will do.  The lead female, however, is Reese Witherspoon, whom I adore.

The movie comes out on April 22 and I'm so excited.



Have you read the book?  Are you excited to see the movie?

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I'll try to read the book and then rent the movie later. I love to read without knowing what's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book when it first came out. I think it will be interesting to see how they translate it into a movie. I'm not sure about Rob Pattinson... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachael--TOTALLY read the book first.

    @Teresa--I'm with you about not being sure if Pattinson can pull off Jacob--I'm not setting my expectations too high--here's hoping he proves me wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reagan --I'm excited to see this movie too! I'm generally a "The book is so much better than the movie" kind of girl...but I think I might disprove that theory & like the movie better. (also broke that theory with with Forest Gump...ha). Really, I didn't love the book. I was into it and it had my attention, but I didn't love it. I love Reese Witherspoon so I bet I'll like the movie. The book just seemed a bit TOO random to me. I didn't like the ending...(although I did like how the author brought you back to the opening scene, and its not what you thought it was to begin with). Have fun seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)