Friday, March 25, 2011

3 Way {March} *and a valuable lesson*

Welcome to March's 3 Way Challenge!

(If you want to know more about the challenge, click here)

My "uniform" challenge this month was to wear a sweater three times.  I chose a blue wool sweater that used to be Matt's but had an unfortunate run in with our dryer.

Here's what I came up with:

Sweater, khakis, structured jacket, ballet flats and necklace for a Sunday afternoon.

Photobucket
FYI--I was having a bad face day.  I won't subject you to that kind of torment.

Brown cargos, leopard print ballet flats, sweater, and gold jewelry galore for a "do nothin'" day at home.

Photobucket

Jeans, orange Tee, sweater, the locket Matt got me for our 6th month dating anniversary (it's okay, you can say, "awww!"), and a pair of shoes that pre-date my oldest child by quite some time.

Photobucket

From this mix up I learned a valuable lesson: I can't stand this sweater.

Every outfit felt forced and frumpy! Ergo, the sweater is now in my "giveaway" pile--surely someone out there will love it!

Anyhow, since I disliked each and every outfit posted here, I'm going to leave you with a look I love!
Photobucket

April's challenge: wear a dress three different ways. I challenge you to find a dress in your closet and work it three ways during the month of April!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to do that! Will totally credit u. :) This dress is so pretty - I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you did this with the sweater: http://www.adventuresindressmaking.com/2010/11/pretty-silk-sweater-makeover.html

    If you made a fabric flower pendant or two in the same color you trim the sweater in, it could be super cute!


    Or you could do this: http://www.adventuresindressmaking.com/2010/12/amazing-sweater-into-infinity-scarf.html

    While I'm on a linking role, here's that zig-zag shirt tutorial I told you about: http://www.adventuresindressmaking.com/2010/04/yes-another-jcrew-tee-copy.html

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)