Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things I Love: Seeing the Horizon

I really love to go to cities to visit.  The food, the culture, the shopping ... there's a lot to be said about the benefits of city-life.

However, after a week or so in a city, I get a bit antsy.  I start to feel claustrophobic when I'm surrounded by big buildings and even trees!  I know this is weird but I'm used to seriously wide-open spaces. What can I say, I'm from the plains of Wyoming.

Now most people envision Wyoming looking like this:

Tetons from Jacksonholenet.com

Yes, Wyoming has breath-taking mountain ranges.  The Tetons, the Big Horns, the Wind River Range ...  beautiful, beautiful mountains!  However, if you aren't near a mountain range then Wyoming looks a lot like this.

Heading Towards Devil's Tower--Click here for photo source
Hello rambling plains!

I'm so accustomed to wide plains and big skies that I get a bit sketched out when I can't see the horizon.

Wyoming--not for agoraphobics!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the total opposite. I live in a city and love the noise, the constant motion and the fact that I don't need to drive! It's funny because my parents live on a 10 acre farm so I don't know where I got it from! lol

    When I want a relaxing vacation though - I head to the countryside - I love all the fresh air and you can actually see the stars!

    btw - that picture is absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)