Sunday, February 6, 2011

Love Is {NOT} ... Day 7

Where is the ME in Mommy

Love is not ... selfish.
FOR YOU:
Think back to the last time you were called (or felt) selfish or self-centered. What were the circumstances?  Were you actually being selfish and self-centered?

In your journal, comment about what selfish looks like to you.  How does selfish act?  How does selfish sound?  What are "things" selfish does?  Does selfish worry?  Insist on being right?  

Is there a common thread that causes you to be selfish?  If so, pray today for God to reveal it to you and to help you overcome it!

FOR YOUR SPOUSE:
Today, commit to being generous toward your spouse.  Think of him before yourself.  Do something special for your spouse.  This could mean getting him a small gift, making his favorite cookies, or letting him sleep in.  Whatever you do, do it with a generous and self-less spirit.

FOR YOUR CHILDREN:
Do the same activity for your children.  Is there something they love to do that you hate to do (like play with playdough or go to McDonalds)? Today, be generous to you children. Don't be selfish with you time.  Do something THEY want to do for as long as THEY want to do it. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time with this one. I want to do things for my husband...but then I look and say why couldn't he do the same for me??? But, I know that's not how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shell--Same problem here! Why doesn't HE do it first is often my response. Then I remember Ghandi's old phrase--BE the change you want to see ... I'm doing these posts because it's a struggle!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)