Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love Is {NOT} ... Day 4

Where is the ME in Mommy
What to know what the LOVE IS challenge is all about?  Click here!

Love Is Not ... Boastful.
FOR YOU:
In your journal, define what boastful means to you.  Now, think of a time or two you've been boastful. What did you boast about?  Who did you boast to?

Now take out your bible and examine the following scriptures:
Jeremiah 9:23-24
Ephesians 2:8-9
Proverbs 27:1
1 Corinthians 1:31

Who can boast and what?
What does it mean to boast in the Lord?

FOR YOUR HUSBAND
Make a list of all of the things you boast about in the Lord as they pertain to your husband.  Think of all the ways he is your perfect provision from God.  Why are you grateful for your husband and to God for providing your husband?

Turn your list into a sweet note and hide it somewhere your husband will find it.

FOR YOUR KIDS
Do the same activity above except examine why you are grateful to God for your children.  What joys do they bring? What lessons do they teach.  Read your list aloud to children who cannot read.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose I was kind of boastful about my crochet, I finally got the hang of it and was proud of my tiny square of doom.

    I suppose I'm also boastful I have a fiance who understands me and doesn't want me to change, he likes me for who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! Will do that :D
    Great blog by the way, look forward to having a read through your older posts!

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)