Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Is {NOT} ... Day 3

Where is the ME in Mommy

Love is ... Not Jealous
FOR YOU
Take out your journal and write down some times you've been jealous of your husband.   To get you thinking, have you been jealous that he gets to work outside of the home and meet new people?  Are you jealous of his time away from children?

Look at the areas where you've been jealous and make a list of ways you benefit from what you are jealous of.  For example, if you are jealous that your husband works outside the home, note how you benefit from his income or how you benefit by all the memories you make with your children, etc.
Pray that God would give you Godly perspective.

FOR YOUR HUSBAND
If you are a SAHM and feel overwhelmed by the amount of time you spend with your kids, please recognize that your husband may feel overwhelmed by the amount of work he has.  Today, plan some time from your husband to be alone.  Give him twenty minutes to watch a show or arrange for a friend to take him to play pool.  If he normally bathes the kids, you do it instead and give him some time to relax.

FOR YOUR CHILDREN
Most likely your children are jealous for your time and attention. Today, read them a story or play a board game. 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely good! I've had to deal with my jealousy over my husband's job, free time, etc over the years. He's a GREAT husband and father... and I realized that I was letting things that don't matter at all cause a bit of resentment.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)