Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Is {NOT} ... Day 10

Today I'm sharing my "Love Is" challenge with Shell at Things I Can't Say. I really just feel like pouring my heart out about the lies I believe!


Where is the ME in Mommy

Love does not ... delight in evil but rejoices in truth.

FOR YOU:
Take a moment to get real with yourself.  In your journal, make a list of "things" you believe about yourself--good and bad.  For example, I'm a hard worker or I'm fat. 

Look through your list.  Circle all the items that are true.  What's left?  Look at the lies.  Why are they lies?  What affect do the lies hold on you?  How do the lies of this world hold you back and defeat you?

Pray for God to show you how you look to HIM so you will know the truth and be free to walk and enjoy in who you are in Christ.

FOR YOUR SPOUSE:
Play a game of True or False with you husband.
For each of these statements write True or False.  If the answer is true, give examples to prove it!

1. I can name three of my spouse's closest friends.
2. I know my spouse's favorite TV show or movie.
3. I know what turns my spouse on sexually.
4. I know what has been stressing my spouse out lately.
5. I know a special time in my spouse's life.
6. I know my spouse's "love language"
7. I know how my spouse likes to spend his/her free time.
8. I know where my spouse would like to travel to.
9. I know my spouse's favorite meal.
10.  I know three of my spouse's hopes, dreams, or goals. 

Spend time chatting and learning about one another.  It's a win-win game (but if you are the competitive type you can always wager foot rubs).

FOR YOUR KIDS:
Help your children know the truth--that God loves them for who they are! Affirm your children at least once today.  Affirm a character quality (not external quality like "pretty" or "handsome").

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting! I *think* I know the answers to these questions for my husband, but I'm not positive. I'll have to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great questions to ask. I think I know the answers, but maybe I should make sure.

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)